From: Maxim Solodovnik <solomax...@gmail.com>
Sent: Wednesday, June 20, 2018 8:41 PM
To: Tomcat Users List <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Subject: Re: oracle 12c driver (UNCLASSIFIED)

We are currently using ojdbc6 in production I would use ojdbc8 for new project
(
http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/database/features/jdbc/jdbc-ucp-122-3110062.html
)

I believe the problem is caused by connection pool settings, not the driver ....

On Thu, Jun 21, 2018 at 2:38 AM Lueders, Paul T CIV USARMY NGIC (US) <
paul.t.lueders....@mail.mil> wrote:

> CLASSIFICATION: UNCLASSIFIED
>
> We have configured an oracle 12c connection using the Oracle jdbc
> connector .  What we are experiencing is that the application is
> locking up and the database requires a restart.  We believe that the
> issue is that application  is not releasing the connections and the database
> runs out of
> connections.   The question I have is the JDBC driver the best one for
> oracle 12c?  If so what would be some configuration items that  we
> need to set in order to ensure that the application releases the
> connections efficiently.  Lastly is = there a monitor available to
> watch the database connections.
>
> Thanks a lot
> Paul
> CLASSIFICATION: UNCLASSIFIED