Op wo 17 okt. 2018 18:29 schreef Berneburg, Cris J. - US <
cberneb...@caci.com>:

> RAMBLE: However, if I try to look at it from a point of view of a large
> bureaucracy, of which I am largely ignorant, I would not be surprised if
> there is a policy against dev kits and IDE's on production servers for
> security sake.  Tomcat (whisper: with built-in compiler) is approved, but
> is the JDK allowed?  Guess I can ask.  Yeah, it's potentially a
> "distinction without a difference".  Well, unless there are other tools in
> the JDK that can pose security risks in addition to the Java compiler.

Java 11 I guess will be picked up by the package managers in Linux I guess
(like yum).

And if you look how they did it now with java 8 based on openjdk, then you
have the option to o install only the runtime or development package (and a
lot others, they split it up more)