On Thu, Oct 18, 2018 at 11:55:24AM +0100, M. Manna wrote:
> Thanks a bunch Mark.
>
> "The correct fix is to ensure that the user agents are sending
> specification compliant requests." - Do you mean at browser level ? If so,
> is there any specific browser/update we can use? We've checked a few
> browsers so far (Firefox, Edge, Chrome) and none of them seem to have this
> option (or we might've missed it).

[snip]

> > > The URI we have for this problem has the following param (did work with
> > > 8.5.28)
> > >
> > > defaultMessageType=true&locale=en_US&action=[key:label.edit]

The browser did not actually *compose* that parameter, did it?

If I had this problem, given only what I know from this thread, I
would suppose that the page which contained an href having such a
parameter is the source of the problem.  Some link is improperly
encoded.

I would say it is debatable whether browsers should be "correcting"
hrefs which are handed to them by some site.

--
Mark H. Wood
Lead Technology Analyst

University Library