Kohei,

On 11/29/18 20:19, Kohei Nozaki wrote:
> I'm investigating a problem where Tomcat (7.0.92) returns a
> response with no HTTP headers very occasionally. It happened during
> a load test.
>

> According to the captured packets by Wireshark, after Tomcat
> receives a request it just returns only a response body. It returns
> neither a status line nor HTTP response headers.
>

> This is a screenshot of Wireshark's "Follow HTTP Stream" which is
> showing the problematic response:
> https://i.stack.imgur.com/E6ttG.png

It's difficult to tell what's being shown, here. Too much has been
redacted. It looks like both request and response are being shown, and
the response appears to be part of a chunked response.

> This is a screen shot of "TCP Stream" of the relevant part (only
> response): https://i.stack.imgur.com/TLKl3.png

This looks like a standard chunked response. I see no problems, there.

> In my opinion, neither an application nor a framework can make
> Tomcat behave this way, so I'm wondering if it's a bug or something
> of Tomcat. Do you think it can be a bug of Tomcat or is there
> something which can make this happen? Was there a relevant change
> of Tomcat in recent versions?

I agree that it should not be possible for an application (and a
framework counts as "the application" in this sense) to break Tomcat's
handling of the HTTP spec, but I don't see direct evidence of a bug,
yet, here.

Are your samples (shown in your images) definitely showing only a
single TCP connection, or is it possible that wireshark is merging the
requests/responses of multiple connections together in the same log
stream?