Dear Frank,

I guess you have configured autodeployment of the WARs. And it seems to me that
you want to use a tree in a filesystem to place your deployments. Given that,
you may use an arbitrary way to place the WARs to that location, because it's
not the Tomcat Manager application that actually perform the deployment.

You may trigger a restart of the application container by touching the WAR or
(in case of an expanded deployment) touching a watched file (common
WEB-INF/web.xml) and trigger undeploy by removing (or hiding by rename the
extention) the WAR.

>If there is a better way and have a tomcat manager to deploy all applications,
>please let me know!

with greetings

Guido