Good morning, I'm just getting to the editing. I'm going to list some thoughts I have as I go through this, so you can verify things:

 * The servlet spec links are way out of date. I'll update them.
 * "There /is no default encoding for URIs/ specified anywhere, which
   is why there is a lot of confusion when it comes to decoding these
   values." Sheesh, this is is ancient. I'll correct it as per
   https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3986#section-2.5 .
 * "Most of the web uses ISO-8859-1 as the default for query strings."
   Is this still true?! In light of the above, I would think it is not
   true, but I wanted to ask, as you know better about what you've seen
   "in the wild".

Garret