Eclipse creates its own set of deployment metadata .. likely your jdbc
configuration is not being replicated there.  In the tomcat logs, you
can usually find some file paths that give a clue as to the deployment
information being used .. in eclipse, I would guess they are machine
generated paths that will surprise you.