Arjuna,

It's not maven.  It's a simple WAR file project.  Actually several virtual hosts with several WAR files per host.  I don't build in Eclipse.  I simply reference the source tree.  Everything is deployed in Tomcat and running fine standalone.

I decided to start from scratch and reinstalled the latest TC (9.0.14 I think).  I copied my server.xml and my Catalina virtual host folders.  Started it up with Windows services.  Ran perfectly.  Created a new eclipse workspace, defined the server. It started up fine.  But again... no jdbc.

I had this all working a month ago, which is the frustrating thing.   But startup was taking forever.  So I removed a few unused virtual hosts, and I updated the jarsToScan/jarsToSkip in Catalina.properties.  It started failing after that.  But note that I did NOT make the changed to Catalina properties in the reinstall.   The frustrating part is that whatever I did to cause this, it doesn't fail when running standalone.  Only in Eclipse. And I can't find anything in my server.xml or my virtual host files in Catalina that looks wrong  (And if it is wrong, wouldn't native TC flag it as well?)

Is there some step I'm missing in Eclipse to 'define' JDBC access for a server? (I'm not that proficient in Eclipse...)

javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: Name [jdbc/forklifts] is not bound in this Context. Unable to find [jdbc].
Feb 09, 2019 10:49:49 AM org.apache.jsp.jsp.guest.flcHome_jsp _jspService
SEVERE: java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
    at jwm.db.DBTableObject.<init>(DBTableObject.java:75)
    at jwm.db.DBRecord.<init>(DBRecord.java:67)
    at jwm.servletdb.ServletRecord.<init>(ServletRecord.java:41)
    at jwm.entity.db.PersonDBRecordBase.<init>(PersonDBRecordBase.java:206)