Jerry,

On 4/10/19 23:56, Jerry Malcolm wrote:
The only thing I can come up with is that I'm using some
RewriteRules in httpd to map the complex url paths to single words
like "/product". (SEO advisor told me to do that...)
Do you allow crawlers to crawl the authenticated parts of your
application? If not, then you are wasting your time with all that.

Only a portion of the site is authenticated.  But whether or not it is an SEO advantage, I use this to customize the precise URL for different clients who use the same code on different domains. /product maps to a slightly different URL for clientA on domain A installation vs for clientB on domain B installation.  So without some signification recoding, I need to keep using rewrites.

But whether the merits are there for doing rewrites, the only thing I am concerned about is if doing rewrites is causing my sessions to mess up.  Hence my question about how the browser and TC decide what session key to use for a particular url.