I don't blame you for being puzzled, but this not about tomcat accepting
connections. It's about tomcat acting as the client, where MySQL is the server.
I'm referring to client connections from tomcat to MySQL. We have about 1800
instances of tomcat running. This question comes up once in a while when tomcat
can't connect to MySQL. Trust me, it can be an issue.

--Eric

Disclaimer : This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and
intended solely for intended recipients. If you are not the named addressee you
should not disseminate, distribute, copy or alter this email. Any views or
opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and might not
represent those of Physician Select Management. Warning: Although Physician
Select Management has taken reasonable precautions to ensure no viruses are
present in this email, the company cannot accept responsibility for any loss or
damage arising from the use of this email or attachments.