Am 22.06.20 um 11:41 schrieb Ayub Khan:
> Chris,
>
> I am using HikariCP for connection pooling. If the database is leaking
> connections then I should see connection not available exception.
>
> How do I find out which file descriptors are leaking ?  these are not
files
> open on disk as there is no explicit disk file I/O in this application.
>
> I just use the below command to check for open file descriptors:
>

> watch "sudo ls /proc/`cat /var/run/tomcat8.pid`/fd/ | wc -l"

You could have a look at the name of the files in the pids proc directory.

 $ ls -l /proc/$(cat /var/run/tomcat8.pid)/fd/

Or you could use the tool lsof to find the open file descriptors.

 $ lsof -p $(cat /var/run/tomcat8.pid)

For both calls you should first change to the uid of the tomcat user or
use sudo as in your example.

Felix