Hi,
I deployed an app called tomee using the tomcat manager app.

The first time I selected the app in the tomcat manager to run it.
a login appeared asking for username and password.

I had not set it up. So it took me to the 403  page .

Now I have set  up tomee-admin user.

I stopped restarted tomcat for it to register the contents of
tomcat-users.xml
I no longer get the login Box. It goes straight to the 403 page.

*what is the problem ? Thanks for your help*

<role rolename="manager-gui"/>
<!-- Activate/create these lines to get access to TomEE GUI -->
<role rolename="tomee-admin" />
<user username="tomcat" password="s3cret" roles="manager-gui"/>
<user username="admin" password="" roles="manager"/>
<user username="tomee" password="tomee" roles="tomee-admin" />
HTTP Status 403 – Forbidden

*Type* Status Report

*Message* Access to the requested resource has been denied

*Description* The server understood the request but refuses to authorize it.
Apache Tomcat/9.0.37