*With this tomcat-users.xml*<role rolename="manager-script"/>
<role rolename="manager-gui"/>
<role rolename="admin-gui"/>
<role rolename="tomee-admin" /> <!-- Activate/create these lines to get
access to TomEE GUI -->
<role rolename="manager"/>
<user username="tomcat" password="tomcat" roles="admin-script"/>
<user username="tomtest" password="tomtest" roles="manager-gui"/>

*Test*curl -u tomcat:tomcat http://localhost:8080/host-manager/text/list
*Result*:
OK - Listed hosts
[localhost]:[]

I make same username and password for both admin-script & manager-gui
<role rolename="manager-script"/>
<role rolename="manager-gui"/>
<role rolename="admin-gui"/>
<role rolename="tomee-admin" /> <!-- Activate/create these lines to get
access to TomEE GUI -->
<role rolename="manager"/>
<user username="tomcat" password="tomcat" roles="admin-script"/>
<user username="tomcat" password="tomcat" roles="manager-gui"/>

*Test*curl -u tomcat:tomcat http://localhost:8080/host-manager/text/list
*Result:*
curl -u tomcat:tomcat http://localhost:8080/host-manager/text/list
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN" "
http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/strict.dtd";>
 <head>
  <title>403 Access Denied</title>
    <!--
    BODY
{font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:black;background-color:white;font-size:12px;}
    H1
{font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:white;background-color:#525D76;font-size:22px;}
    PRE, TT {border: 1px dotted #525D76}
    A {color : black;}A.name {color : black;}

*I change different username same password for both admin-script &
manager-gui*<role rolename="manager-script"/>
<role rolename="manager-gui"/>
<role rolename="admin-gui"/>
<role rolename="tomee-admin" /> <!-- Activate/create these lines to get
access to TomEE GUI -->
<role rolename="manager"/>
<user username="tomcat" password="tomcat" roles="admin-script"/>
<user username="tomtest" password="tomcat" roles="manager-gui"/>

*Test    *curl -u tomcat:tomcat http://localhost:8080/host-manager/text/list
*Result*:
OK - Listed hosts
[localhost]:[]

*Confirmation Test The username must be unique*
<role rolename="manager-script"/>
<role rolename="manager-gui"/>
<role rolename="admin-gui"/>
<role rolename="tomee-admin" /> <!-- Activate/create these lines to get
access to TomEE GUI -->
<role rolename="manager"/>
<user username="tomscript" password="tomcat" roles="admin-script"/>
<user username="tomgui" password="tomcat" roles="manager-gui"/>
<user username="tomadmin" password="tomcat" roles="admin-gui"/>
<user username="tomee" password="tomee" roles="tomee-admin"/>
<user username="admin" password="" roles="manager"/>

curl -u *tomscript*:tomcat http://localhost:8080/host-manager/text/list
OK - Listed hosts
[localhost]:[]

<http://www.backbutton.co.uk/>