Anwar,

On 8/18/20 14:45, Anwar AliKhan wrote:
> I rebooted the machine , then the login box appeared . Obviously
> this is not an ideal solution!

Which machine did you reboot? The Tomcat server or your own client
(browser)? Neither was necessary to get a login page.

Was the password you entered into tomcat-users.xml the same one you
provided when you first entered your username and password?

Sometimes, browsers don't bother to re-request pages when they think
they know the answer to the query (403). So maybe this was a
browser-cache issue? SHIFT-CTRL-R / SHIFT-CMD-R to fully-reload maybe?

- -chris