Rob,

On 2/15/21 13:41, Rob Sargent wrote:
openssl s_client -showcerts -connect k1:16004
CONNECTED(00000003)
139674280387904:error:1408F10B:SSL routines:ssl3_get_record:wrong version number:../ssl/record/ssl3_record.c:331:
---
no peer certificate available
---
No client certificate CA names sent
---
Verification: OK
---
New, (NONE), Cipher is (NONE)
Secure Renegotiation IS NOT supported
Compression: NONE
Expansion: NONE
No ALPN negotiated
Early data was not sent
Verify return code: 0 (ok)
---

Is it the version mismatch, or am I back in CORShell?

Try this:

$ openssl s_client -showcerts -connect k1:16004 -tls1_2

Check the port? Remember that TLS is enabled on one port (Connector) while plaintext is on another port (Connector). So switch from plaintext to TLS you will need to change port numbers in your s_client connection string (and browser).

How many connectors are you configuring? And how? Your code only shows configuring a local "connector" reference, but not where it came from, if it was added to the server component, etc.

-chris