change port assignment (16005) and restarted server.  port in use.

On 2/16/21 2:36 PM, Rob Sargent wrote:
Rebooted desktop k1.  I get port in use first time I start my server (shell).

Rob,

On 2/16/21 15:02, Rob Sargent wrote:
The logging so far has told me only that my port 16004 is in use, but at outset it clearly is not according to netstat or ss.  Is tomcat opening that port before the call to "tomcat.start(); tomcat.getServer().await():"?

It it says "port in use" then first stop your application, then make sure all other processes that may have bound that port are stopped. Maybe it's been failing because you have effectively been changing nothing (because some older process is still holding onto the port).

-chris