Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net> wrote:
    > Not at all. EC2 is entirely reasonable for such purposes. Amazon will
    > even grant you a signed BAA if you ask for one.

Canada is not the US, and OHIP has rules differently than others.
And the clinic would like to survive having our third-world telco go down.

    >> No, I'm not building myself.  There is an oscar.deb, which btw,
    >> results in the same 100%.

    > Okay, good. Does OSCAR distribute the .deb file? I'm ... weirdly
    > surprised by that.

OSCAR has a .deb that tries to be all singing, all dancing.
It's not the only solution.

    >> It also does other stuff like configure mariadb locally (which I don't
    >> want).

    > Interesting. You want control over your own database, or you don't want
    > the db to be local (e.g. you want a remote db)?

Exactly.

    >> This is the only time I've seen this error, I've also used the manager
    >> web application before.

    > Hmm. Same error there? Or same 100% CPU circumstances there?

Same 100% CPU.

    >> I tried that.  It says something about there being no socket open.  My
    >> impression is that "jstack" was an Oracle Java only tool.

    > Nope, it's in all of the OpenJDK builds. You might need a "JDK" instead
    > of a"JRE".

okay, I'll try again and post the result.

    > When you issue "kill -3", the thread dump should appear on stdout,
    > which should be captured in logs/catalina.[date].log. If that's not
    > happening, then I'm a bit confused...

It's not happening.

    > Okay, try this:

    > 1. Stop Tomcat, clear all logs, delete your oscar.war file and the
    > exploded directory in CATALINA_BASE/webapps/oscar (or wherever your
    > appBase points to).  2. Copy your oscar.war file into appBase, making
    > sure that operation completes 3. Start Tomcat, but like this instead of
    > what you usually do:

    >    $ sudo -iu tomcatuser $ $CATALINA_BASE/bin/catalina.sh run

    > That "run" is important: it will run Tomcat in the current console
    > instead of in the background as a service. You'll get stdout directly
    > on your console, no log files to worry about.

okay.

]     m...@sandelman.ca  http://www.sandelman.ca/        |   ruby on rails    [