On 12/30/22 09:07, Carles Franquesa wrote:
I am trying to run a web app made with Netbeans 16 using Apache-Tomcat
10.0.27 on Windows 11. It worked fine on Windows 10 with the same tomcat.

Everything goes fine when starting the server (it takes just 625ms!) but
after that, when I try to debug the project, the next error is thrown:

[image: enter image description here] <https://i.stack.imgur.com/1eTzY.png>

Tomcat 10.0.27 only requires Java 8, but the netbeans call that is failing requires at least Java 9, and apparently is not correctly marked as such.

https://github.com/apache/netbeans/issues/5134#issuecomment-1364282218

Upgrade to Java 11 and it will probably work. Java 17 probably will work too, but IMHO it's not a good idea to jump a lot of major versions past the minimum requirement. Java 11 seems to do a good job with code meant for Java 8.

I don't know why it worked before with Windows 10. Maybe you had an earlier version of netbeans for that.

FYI, the link above was the first hit on a google search for "URLEncoder.encode TomcatManagerImpl".

Thanks,
Shawn