I have one virtual host working fine on a Windows 11 TC 9 install.  I am adding a 2nd virtual host to that same running installation.  This TC is standalone, handling http requests directly (not via httpd).   Both virtual hosts have a rewrite.config.   On the new domain, I go to a page that requires a login, do the standard login, and it show the page.  I can F5 refresh the page and it continues to appear.  But if I enter a url that redirects to this same page, I get the signin screen. If I try to sign in again, I get an error "The requested resource [/idmanager/j_security_check] is not available"  I enabled redirect logs, and they show SSO token not found.   I know the redirect is working fine for the new  virtual host since there's no problems going to unprotected (no sign-in) redirected pages.

This exact scenario works perfectly fine (with rewrite rules) on the other virtual host in the same TC.   I've compared the two host configurations in server.xml and they appear identical other than than the name and path.  i.e. SingleSignOn valve is specified on both.

The fact that SSO only fails on redirects and not on URLs without redirects, plus the fact that it works fine on one virtual host and not on the other is baffling me.  All indications point to some sort of config error or typo on the something in the new virtual host.  But I have spent more hours that I want to admit on this, and I simply can't figure out anything that would cause this.  I'm sure I made some config change somewhere a long time ago on the first virtual host that's making it work correctly. But I can't find anything, and I'm at a total loss.

What could be causing rewrite rules to not find SSO cookies? Where did I mess up?

Thanks

Jerry