Jerry,

On 1/17/23 13:30, Jerry Malcolm wrote:
In my philosophy for years (possibly not the best philosophy...), the root was for primarily static stuff.  And any JSPs that might need to be in root were sent to other non-root contexts via a rewrite.  I've been moving away from that philosophy in recent projects and including a ROOT context.  But this current situation is migrating a legacy domain off of httpd/tomcat to pure tomcat.  So it bit me.  No big deal now that I've figured it out.

I always include a ROOT context so I don't get nasty errors if there is some kind of misconfiguration at the proxy, etc. It also allows rewrites to be done "outside" of "the application", etc.

-chris