Dissect your deployment war, but also make sure you aren't defining a
context element in server.xml.  Lastly, if memory serves, Tomcat also
allows context overrides in expanded war files.  I eventually just
started managing server.xml metadata (context etc) to avoid conflicts
and simplify.  "Hope dat heps." -- Rizzo