Did you recursive file search "context.xml" in the tomcat root after deployment?

Maybe we can help narrow things down for Chris et al with a little
back and forth, or perhaps solve it ourselves. :)

Try tailing the catalina, localhost, and other log files in the logs
directory on startup .. usually it will give you some more detailed
information about startup errors.

I have luck killing the tomcat java process, then deleting everything
in the logs folder between test runs.

Sincerely,

John