On 29/05/2024 16:08, Eric Robinson wrote:

I believe your assessment is correct. How hard is it to enable pooling? Can it
be bolted on, so to speak, through changes to the app context, such that the
webapp itself does not necessarily need to implement special code?

It looks like - from the database configuration you provided earlier - there is an option to configure the database via JNDI. If you do that with Tomcat you will automatically get pooling. That might be something to follow up with the vendor. If you go that route, I'd recommend configuring the pool to remove abandoned connections to avoid any issues with connection leaks.

Not sure if all the web applications support a JNDI based configuration.

<snip/>

Would the problem be relieved if the vendor stuck to one driver?

Yes. That would avoid the attempt to load the "other" driver which is causing the delay.

Mark