We verified application functionality during the wee hours and examined the
logs for evidence of any new issues that may have been introduced by the patch.
I thought about deploying it to just one server but decided such a test would
be inconclusive, as we could only know if it really works by allowing it to be
stress-tested. I had a gut feeling it would be okay. 😊

> > During the same timeframe today, there have been 1 stuck thread on Tomcat
> A and 6 on Tomcat B.
>
> That is great news.
>
> > If the numbers hold, this works out to roughly a 10,000% improvement.
>
> Not bad for free support ;)

The best!

> Seriously, I am glad that we seem to have tracked down the root cause and that
> you have a temporary fix that works until such time (probably the July
> releases)
> that we can figure out how we want to address caching of "not found" classes.

We're eager to see how you address it permanently. In the meantime, we're
delighted because the vendor's recommended "solution" would have been to triple
the number of tomcat instances, which turns into a maintenance and
troubleshooting headache. I would bet they have had other cases of slowness
where the root cause was not isolated. This is a win-win, as it helps both us
and them.

> Cheers,

Cheers back!

> Mark

Disclaimer : This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and
intended solely for intended recipients. If you are not the named addressee you
should not disseminate, distribute, copy or alter this email. Any views or
opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and might not
represent those of Physician Select Management. Warning: Although Physician
Select Management has taken reasonable precautions to ensure no viruses are
present in this email, the company cannot accept responsibility for any loss or
damage arising from the use of this email or attachments.