> On Jun 19, 2024, at 15:16, Stephen Tenberg <stephentenb...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Thank you.  Do we just rename the existing ROOT to something else so the
> admin stuff is available?

The default ROOT application does not have any admin purpose itself, but it
does have links to admin functions that are separate from the ROOT application.
It’s safe to simply delete the existing ROOT directory. If you want to still
have it available in production (some would argue doing so is a small security
window), then renaming ROOT to something else is an option.

> The path="" was appealing as we want this
> existing large application to be available as "/“.

And also blocks access to the existing ROOT application.

> Is renaming ROOT a
> better way of achieving this?

Much better.

  - Chuck