I've a question regarding the way jk_mod relays requests to Tomcat
servlets. If I have set my virtualhost to supposedly send requests
with such JkMount directive URL prefix, /serve/* and /serve/*.jsp,
then I take it, the only way for jk_mod relays requests for this
virtualhost to Tomcat web application listening on the other end is
the actual web application "name" (or directory where it is located)
to be "serve".

On other hand, if the JkMount directive is /*/eservlets/* (or
/*/eservlets/*.jsp), then all the web applications that have a servlet
/eservlets/* mapping are being granted such connection between
Apache->jk_mod->Tomcat instance. So now, what if we change the web
application's Context's path, that is <Context path="/someuri"...>,
then how is the servlet with /eservlets/* mapping is going to be
accessed?

Would it be http://vh.host.com/someuri/myapp/eservlets/myservlet or
perhaps, http://vh.host.com/myapp/someuir/eservlets/myservlet
(assuming the web application name is "myapp"? In any case, the former
would produce HTTP 400 and the latter HTTP 404. So obviously Context
path has no bearing in accessing the servlets, that is
http://vh.host.com/myapp/eservlets/myservlet works just fine but
inclusion of "someuri" would result in HTTP 400. So what is going on?