Hi,

my users are experiencing increasing performance if I enable access.log:

        <!-- Access log processes all requests for this virtual host.  By
             default, log files are created in the "logs" directory relative
             $CATALINA_HOME.  If you wish, you can specify a different
             directory with the "directory" attribute.  Specify either a
relative
             (to $CATALINA_HOME) or absolute path to the desired directory.
        -->
                 directory="logs"  prefix="access." suffix=".log"
                 pattern="combined" resolveHosts="false"/>

Is that possible or do I have another performance issue?

Is there a way to see what Tomcat is doing right now? Maybe the logging is
using too much JVM ressources and therefore steals performance from Tomcat -
but I don't know how to evaluate this.

Regards,
  Frank