Sorry for the strange quoting, that was me using nabble.com ...

My reply should also contain (but does not - don't know what went wrong):

I've installed LambdaProbe and it tells me that there are not much Threads
(about 50) and most of them are in state of waiting or timed_waiting. So
that seems to be okay - but what if Tomcat sent the response to the first
user request and then does the logging, while the next request or other
users are waiting?

And this:
The log files are under 20 MB, that should be fine, shoundn't it? The disk
is way far from beeing full and it's a RAID1 with SCSI disks so they should
have enough performance.

I'm now totally unsure if I should enable access.log-files (to have
statistics with AWstats) or disable them (to have more performance) ...

Frank