Some fishing through source and online -- your problem can happen if the connection url is not recognized by the driver.

I was looking at the jdbc url you first posted: jdbc:oracle:thin:[EMAIL PROTECTED] This doesn't come up as a valid form in any online docs I can find. You might want to verify it's valid.

--David

Saurabh Nanda wrote:

ojdbc14.jar should be in $TOMCAT_HOME/common/lib to be available to both
the container and your webapp.

Nopes:

o Put it in $CATALINA_HOME/common/lib alone -- same error
o put it in webapps/appname/WEB-INf/lib and $CATALINE_HOME/common/lib,
both -- same error!

Does oracle drier support DBCP?

Nandz.