I overwrote the service-method of HttpServlet. When I call my servlet using
an PUT service() is not called. If I use a normal Webform, it is called. I
also had a look on the sent packages - They are almost equal, but the one
begins with put and the other with post.
Due to that fact I am pretty sure that it has to do with Tomcat.

Philipp

2006/10/20, Christopher Schultz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

Philipp,

> I need to receive data via the PUT-method instead of POST. Unfortunately
> Tomcat by default calls the doGET-method of a given Servlet instead of
> doPUT when it receives data by put-method.

This doesn't sound right. javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet has a method,
doPut, that has the same signature of doGet and doPost. It's default
action is to send an error message to the client.

All you should have to do is implement doPut in your servlet and
everything will work out.

This shouldn't have anything to do with Tomcat.

-chris