> From: Robbert [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: RE: CSS not being used when a Servlet is involved
>
> Hm, alright. Should all else fail, is it possible to let a
> Servlet handle the CSS?

Some servlet must handle everything; static content (including .css
files) is normally handled by Tomcat's DefaultServlet.

> I have four JSP pages (index, profile, statistics and
> gallery) that must invoke the StatistiekServlet. The
> page is simply a normal, static HTML page that calls
> the Servlet.

By definition, a JSP page isn't static, but that's probably irrelevant.

> That works! Thank you very much!

If you have not redefined the servlet-name "default" within your webapp,
you can simplify what I gave you before.  Leave out the <servlet>
declaration for "tcdefault", and change the *.css mapping to use just
"default".  As someone else pointed out, "default" is already declared
in conf/web.xml to use the proper servlet class, and conf/web.xml is
automatically included in for every webapp.

> Are there any drawbacks to this method?

None that I can think of.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.