hi. I've installed tomcat6.0 with comet support. I've tried  the
example code found at
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/aio.html.

when I call the servlet, the browser wait for a response... the
event() methods terminate normally, and run() of MessageSender wait on
messages.
now, I haven't a user to send a chat message, so the application wait forever.

I've modified the code, to set up a nickname in session, by a
login.jsp page. then, I redirect to another jsp page who contain a
form with a sender name, a destination name and the message. but a
submitting of the form causes a new request event. I dont understand
if I need of some javascript support (like dojo?) or I don't know
what.

sorry If this seems confused, but I speak english just a little.

thanks.