I tried changing the service to log on with my credentials, and still no
go.  However, if there were a problems such as you described, then shouldn't
there be an exception thrown somewhere that I should be able to find?  The
SSL service started up without a problem:

Nov 15, 2006 9:44:38 AM org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11AprProtocol start
INFO: Starting Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-443

and after the browser timeouts, nothing shows up in any of the logs
indicating that there was a problem with the keystore file...