Moreover, you should never put your applicaiton jars to common/lib since
then those will be loaded by Application classloader and not
WebAppClassLoader. This results in serious problems when you are running
multiple web apps or upgrading your application's version.

On 11/22/06, Caldarale, Charles R <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: WEB-INF/lib/*.jar
>
> it seems to me that my lib packages which are located under
> myapp/web/WEB-INF/lib can not be recognized by Tomcat.

Read the servlet spec: WEB-INF must be at the first level of the app
deployment directory (or .war file), not the second.

- Chuck

Gaurav Singh Kushwaha
http://www.chakpak.com

Ph: +91-9880101496