I'm getting ready to try NetBeans profiler right now. I tried it awhile back before it was released, but, there was something wrong with the Solaris library, so, I couldn't get it to work. I'm hoping I'll have better luck now that it's been released officially.

Jon

----- Original Message ----- From: "anjan bacchu" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Tomcat Users List" <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, November 27, 2006 8:08 PM
Subject: Re: Memory leaks on webapp redeploy

Hi Mark,

 Does anyone on the tomcat dev list use Netbeans profiler at all ? OR do
you guys
exclusively use YourKit ?

Thank you,

BR,
~A

On 11/27/06, Mark Thomas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Jon Miller wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Is anyone running into issues with memory leaks occuring whenever a
> webapp is redeployed?

Tomcat version? There have been issues with older releases.

> I think I read in a FAQ that even using a singleton in your app will
> cause memory leaks? Does anyone know if this is true?

It depends on how careful you are using it. There are lots of ways to
write code that leaks memory.

Rather than try guessing where the leak is, get yourself a profiler
and find it.

Mark

BR,
Anjan Bacchu