IT Desk wrote:
> Here's the <host> entry in the Tomcat server.xml file
> (Yes I know I should have a separate context xml file but this is the
> way things already were when I started on this project):
>
>         <Host name="www.myhostname.com" debug="5"
> appBase="/home/perap/htdocs/perap"
>        unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="true"
>        xmlValidation="false" xmlNamespaceAware="false">
>         <Context path="/" docBase="/home/perap/htdocs/perap" debug="5"
> privileged="true"/>
>         </Host>

And there is the problem. appBase must not be the same as docBase.
This is the issue I referred to in my previous mail. To get the
behaviour your want you need move the contents of
/home/perap/htdocs/perap
/home/perap/htdocs/perap/ROOT

and change the host in your server.xml to:
<Host name="www.myhostname.com" debug="5"
      appBase="/home/perap/htdocs/perap" unpackWARs="true"
      autoDeploy="true" xmlValidation="false"
      xmlNamespaceAware="false">
  <Context path="/" docBase="/home/perap/htdocs/perap/ROOT"
           debug="5" privileged="true"/>
</Host>

Mark