> From: Vacuum Joe [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Re: Embedding Tomcat in a standalone JAR
>
> Right, those are two of the places I looked at, including the
> source for Catalina.java, and they weren't helpful.  They are
> all about specifying files on the filesystem.

There has to be some relation to the file system, since the servlet spec
requires that the container provide working space for the webapps.  I
think if you started with Catalina.java and replaced the relatively
little File-related logic with getResourceAsStream() equivalents, you
could put a server.xml inside your jar and have it provide most of the
necessary config, other than the listen and shutdown ports.  Those you
get from a simple GUI, as you originally intended.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.