Chris,

   Of course that is not a Tomcat's job, but if exists a redirection
from http to https I wonder why does not exists a reverse way in the
"declarative security" mechanism provided by the servlet
specification.

   But like you point, there are not so many places where a
programmer must resolve this kind of situations.

Cheers!

- Pablo