Chris, Chuck:

   Thanks a lot by the explanation. Looks like Tomcat (or maybe the
"Servlet specification"?) needs a mechanism to switch from https to
http when this access is declared by a <security-constrains> otherwise
is forcing programmers to always use programatic security to made this
switch; anyway we get paid to do this stuff ;-)

  May be a "workarround" is to use the rewrite filter located at
http://tuckey.org/urlrewrite/

  Somebody is using it? is reliable?

Cheers!

- Pablo

On 1/3/07, Caldarale, Charles R <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> From: John Doe [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: from https to http?

> _but_ when I want to go from "restricted.jsp" back to
> "index.jsp" using the anchor defined in it the URL is
> not replace by the standard "http" URL and then gets
> stuck with a "https://localhost:8443/testSSL/index.jsp";

To expand a bit on what Chris said:

Look at the form of the link in restricted.jsp:

It's a relative link, so the browser (not Tomcat) resolves it based on
the URL of the current page.  The same happened when you went from
index.jsp to ssl/restricted.jsp, except Tomcat recognized that ssl was
controlled with a <security-constraint>, so it generated a redirect back
to the browser with the http protocol and port replaced by https and the
redirect port; the browser then made the actual https request.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.