Hi,

  I am using Tomcat5.5.20 along with jdk 1.5.0_09 on Windows XP SP1 and running
Tomcat as a Windows Service. For running Tomcat as windows service, I opened a
cmd line prompt and executed the bat file, service.bat by providing the
argument as "service.bat install".
  Then, I started the service and tomcat is running on the port 8080. I could
access the Tomcat default page (http://localhost:8080) successfully. It worked
fine upto this point.

  Issue 1:
  When I tried to access an application that I deployed by placing the war file
in the webapps directory, it gives the exceptions. I could not access the login
page of my application.
  The error says a dll of my application is not in java.library.path.
(Everything works fine if I start the tomcat using the Startup.bat instead of
running it as service. I could login to my application and perform the tasks as
required).

  But the path to this dll is defined in the SYSTEM variables in the SYSTEM
PATH variable.
  It seems that tomcat is not able to read the SYSTEM Path correctly. Can any
one provide me inputs on how to fix this issue?

  Issue 2:
  Also, if the tomcat is running in service mode, how to provide the
application specific environment variables? I tried creating the file
setenv.bat inside <CATALINA_HOME>\bin directory and stopped and restarted the
service. But, tomcat service has not picked them up. (If we run tomcat in
non-service mode, we can define the application specific settings in
Startup.bat).

  Thanks for your consideration.

  Regards,
  Sampath Kumar