On Today at 9:24am, SI=>Steve Ingraham <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

SI> Ok, I have been trying to locate the class file but am striking out.
SI> Can someone tell me where this "my.package.action.ModelAction" class
SI> would be located in a Jakarta Tomcat 5.5.9 build on a Redhat AS 3
SI> machine?  I have run the command "locate *.ModelAction*" with no
SI> return.

Hi Steve,

I thought you said you had access to the source. You won't find the
sources inside the tomcat webapps directory. You are likely to only find
the .war file and an expanded ware file directory (but no sources). Find
out in which directory the real sources are and then look for a "src"
folder (or a src/main/java folder in case maven is being used). Inside the
"src" folder you should be able to find a directory structure which
corresponds to the package you quoted eariler:

        org.keel.clients.struts.ModelAction

The above package would correspond to the following directory:

        org/keel/clients/struts

Inside that directory, you should look for a file ModelAction.java. Look
either for an excute() method or in case of a DispatchAction flavor, you
might have method names which correspond to verbs like edit(), save(),
etc.

In any case, you have to find ModelAction.java. Try using:
        locate ModelAction.java
That's assuming that your "locate" database is up-to-date (typically the
command updatedb is used in a nightly cron job to update the "locate"
database).

Later,
--
Haroon Rafique