Rajendra Sakpal wrote:
Hi,

I am using TOMCAT 5.5.  I am creating a file in class that is called from a
JSP.  However, the relative path that I have specified in the class doesn't
seem to work.  The path that I have used is
:"/webapps/Jonathon/WEB-INF/etc/subscriber.txt".

Can someone please let me know, what is wrong with the relative path ?

thanks in advance,
Rajendra

If you start the path with a "/" then it's not relative.

There are functions to help you locate resources on webapp relative paths.

String absolutePath = servletContext.getRealPath( relativePath );