Hi All,

I've hit this problem and my development has come to a
screeching halt. :-\

I'm using Tomcat 5.5.17 with a JDK/JRE of 1.5.0_11
on a Windows XP Pro SP2 system.

In my Servlets I use:

RequestDispatcher dispatcher =
    getServletContext().getRequestDispatcher("/servlet/BlahServlet");
if ( dispatcher != null )
    dispatcher.forward(req, res);

to "transfer control" from one Servlet to the next, and after
several of these it finally gets this Exception when it gets
to the doGet() of the next Servlet:

Mar 4, 2007 9:19:04 AM org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext log
INFO: Marking servlet ClientWMIClassesServlet as unavailable
Mar 4, 2007 9:19:04 AM org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher invoke
SEVERE: Allocate exception for servlet ClientWMIClassesServlet
java.lang.VerifyError: (class: com/jps/NetMgt/ClientWMIClassesServlet, method:
doGet signature:
(Ljavax/servlet/http/HttpServletRequest;Ljavax/servlet/http/HttpServletResponse;)V)
 Incompatible argument to function
        at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredConstructors(Class.java:2357)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.loadServlet(StandardWrapper.java:1055)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.allocate(StandardWrapper.java:757)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.invoke(ApplicationDispatcher.java:641)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.processRequest(ApplicationDispatcher.java:463)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.doForward(ApplicationDispatcher.java:398)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.forward(ApplicationDispatcher.java:301)
        at com.jps.NetMgt.ClientWMIServlet.doGet(Unknown Source)
        at com.jps.NetMgt.ClientWMIServlet.doPost(Unknown Source)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:709)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:252)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:213)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:178)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:126)
        at
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:107)
        at
        at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:869)
        at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11BaseProtocol.java:664)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:527)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.runIt(LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.java:80)
        at
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

There aren't any typos, and I've already deleted every JDK and JRE
on my system and only reinstalled JDK 1.5.0_11, so that there
would be no possible problems of the "compile JVM" being different
than the JVM Tomcat was running, or any CLASSPATH issues, but
I keep getting the Exception.  I've also carefully gone over
setclasspath.bat, catalina.bat and service.bat files making sure
the paths to Java and JRE, and the CLASSPATHs are correct.

I also made sure that the final "RequestDispatcher dispatcher"
Object, was valid before I did the forward().

Why is the Servlet being "Marked as unavailable"???

If anyone has ideas on what I can try to fix this
I'd really appreciate hearing it.

Thanks,

Joe Siebenmann