> From: Rashmi Rubdi [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Re: tomcat 5.5
>
> I just came accross this too, in case it helps the OP in
> anyway :
> http://developers.sun.com/sunstudio/articles/perfoptions.html
> (Jan 2007)

The above is specific to Solaris; don't know if there are Red Hat
equivalents.

> Also, it helps to check the code to see if there any circular
> object references.

Circular references don't impact garbage collection.  Only reference
counter mechanisms have to worry about those, and I don't think any JVM
vendor is using counters anymore (too much overhead).

> Use a performance analyzer to identify what parts of the code
> are taking up most of the memory.
> http://developers.sun.com/sunstudio/analyzer_index.html

The above is again specific to Solaris, but there must be something
similar available for Linux.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.