Hi,

Tomcat hangs on startup when I try to enable the APR native library.
After setting java.library.path to /usr/local/apr/lib/, catalina.out gets just
these two lines:

28.03.2007 16:14:00 org.apache.catalina.core.AprLifecycleListener init
INFO: Loaded Apache Tomcat Native library 1.1.8.
... and nothing more!

It seems like Tomcat hangs. When removing the java.library.path setting,
Tomcat starts up fine.

I installed the APR lib as described in
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/apr.html. To fulfill the build
dependencies the following packages have been installed:
libapr1 1.2.7-3
libapr1-dev 1.2.7-3
libaprutil1 1.2.7-2
libssl-dev 0.9.8b-2ubuntu2
libssl0.9.8 0.9.8b-2ubuntu2

my environment:
Linux Ubuntu 6.10 (Edgy) AMD64
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 1.6.0-b105, mixed mode)
Tomcat 6.0.10

Any hints?

Regards,
Stefan