To: "Tomcat Users List" <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, April 20, 2007 10:09 PM
Subject: Force Apache to drop port 8080 when forwarding to Tomcat 6.0.10 using mod_jk-1.2.22

Hi,

I am trying to integrate Tomcat 6.0.10 with Apache 2.2.4 using mod_jk-1.2.22. The traffic seems to be flowing correctly to Tomcat on port 8080 from apache through the connector. Tomcat and Apache reside on the same machine.

I want to force apache to drop prot 8080 form the url when it forwards to tomcat since we're behined a firewall and port 8080 is closed.

For example, when I type in the browser: http://somehost/match2020/ apache forwadrs to tomcat and the url is changed to http://somhost:8080/match2020/. I want to get rid of 8080 form the url and just be on port 80.
.

I have read and re-read the docs on http://tomcat.apache.org/connectors-doc and googled for few hours now but I am just unable to do it. I must be missing something?

Here is what I have done:

I have placed these lines in apache's httpd.conf:

LoadModule jk_module modules/mod_jk.so
JkWorkersFile "C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\conf\workers.properties" JkLogFile "C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\logs\mod_jk.log"
JkLogLevel info
<VirtualHost ip_address:80>
   JkMount /* loadbalancer
   JkMount /match2020 loadbalancer
   JkMount /match2020/* loadbalancer
</VirtualHost>

Workers.properties file looks like this:

worker.list=loadbalancer
# First tomcat server
# ------------------------
worker.tomcat1.port=8009
worker.tomcat1.host=localhost
worker.tomcat1.type=ajp13
worker.tomcat1.lbfactor=1

worker.loadbalancer.type=lb
worker.loadbalancer.sticky_session=1
worker.loadbalancer.balance_workers=tomcat1
#worker.loadbalancer.balance_workers=tomcat2, tomcat4, tomcat1, tomcat3

I added the following connector to server.xml in Tomcat

<Connector port="8009" protocol="AJP/1.3" redirectPort="8443" enableLookups="true"/>

Regards
Khalil