On 4/27/07, Sebastiaan van Erk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> GET parameters, ie parameters in the URL will work.
> However, using Comet you shouldn't rely on parameters in the body, the
> body if for you usage, and your usage alone.
Seems to me that this is a pretty common use case though with AJAX
server side push: request, wait, response.
Comet is used to free the http thread while waiting, otherwise the
server would be out of http threads in no time.
The data posted is often in POST form (a scripted form post).

This is not very useful: threads are fairly cheap, and having all the
plumbing to keep all the request data in memory and ready to use
asynchronously is not exactly free (it makes the complexity an order
of magnitude higher, also). If all you want to do is wait a while and
still support 1000s of connections, then you should consider using
threads and buying an extra 1GB of ram on the server, it might be a
better deal.

Rémy