I try to setup session persistence using database. I created the file
context.xml under the META-INF directory of my WAR file

<Context>
  <Manager distributable="true"
className="org.apache.catalina.session.PersistentManager" debug="5"
saveOnRestart="true">
    <Store debug="99" className="org.apache.catalina.session.JDBCStore"
      driverName="oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver"

connectionURL="jdbc:oracle:thin:myuser/[EMAIL PROTECTED]:1521:MYSID"
         sessionAppCol="App" sessionDataCol="Data" sessionIdCol="Id"
         sessionLastAccessedCol="LastAccessed"
sessionMaxInactiveCol="MaxInactive"
       sessionValidCol="Valid" sessionTable="TomcatSession" />
  </Manager>
</Context>

I have created the database table TomcatSession. When start the Tomcat
server, I always get the following:

INFO  - The database connection is null or was found to be closed.
Trying to re-open it.

Hitting several pages that use session.setAttribute(), the databasse
table is still empty. Nothing is tored in the database.

How can I trouble shooting this problem?

Ningjun Wang
Consulting Software Engineer

LexisNexis Global Solutions Dev
SWFT Solutions Engineering