Also,  If you have any information about declaring a variable with !
I would like to know.  I am having trouble finding any on google and
my JSP book.

On 5/8/07, Richard Sayre <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Yes the right values are passed.  Th eonly one of those variable that
really efects the data on the page is vId, which is hard coded into
the <a href="..">

I started to look in the _jspService and I noticed the the variable
which I assign the request.getParameter("id") to is not in that
method.

The variable is called 'theID'.  One thing I noticed about it is it is
declared like this

!String theID;

I have never seen this before.  Does this make the variable static?
If so then it is obvious why this is happening

I am going to look up this ! operator to see what it does. I 3 years I
have never encountered it.  Hopefully removing it will solve my
problem.  I will keep you updated.