I think that you are installing tomcat with the windows installer.... thats
is not a good idea.  I ever install tomcat with the file ziped; there, in
the bin directory you find a service.bat, with this bat you can install
tomcat as a windows service... and... you must install the services that you
want. May be you wana modify the service.bat and add the TOMCAT_BASE
environment variable.